Newspaper advertising has always remained the longest-running form of advertising and is available for businesses to market their products and services . It can provide everyone with exposure and leads, but the response rate might be less than overwhelming in comparison to other advertising mediums such as Radio, Television etc. Whether you are promoting a new business or you’re a veteran entrepreneur, the challenges of how to reach your customers in the best possible way is an all too familiar pain.
Why advertise in newspapers : Newspaper advertisements can be termed as print advertisements that are published in local, regional, national or international news publications on a daily or weekly basis. There is an increase in demand for newspaper advertising as it proved to be safe, reliable, effective and affordable. Newspapers earlier were used only to know about the social and political happenings in and around the country, but with the passing of time, the role of the newspaper had also changed. Now it has become one of the best means of advertising.
Choosing Newspaper Carefully : Advertising in national newspapers can be expensive in comparison to advertising in local or regional newspapers. If your business trade is localized, it certainly makes more sense to focus on the local papers that the readers are more likely to read. Running ads in major metropolitan newspapers can be more effective if your product or service offering is strong and unique enough to pull in customers from throughout the readership or circulation area.
Advantages of advertising in newspapers:
- Better Reach – For people who read and follow newspapers, publishing advertisements in newspapers is the best way to reach out and target a large audience with minimum difficulty. print advertising has massive potential in getting your message to your readers and encouraging them to act.
- Focused Targeting – Depending on the types of publications, many newspapers offer ways in which businesses can target particular audience demographics through zip or postal codes. One can get even more focused by using a niche publication to target a specific demographic or origin.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Publishing advertisements in newspapers works out to be far cheaper than other mediums, such as Television, Radio, Hoardings, Internet etc. Newspaper advertisements can also be customized to suit any budget, and package discounts can also be availed. Newspaper advertising typically costs less per thousand readers than many other forms of marketing.
- Better Engagement – A majority of newspaper readers are more engaged with newspapers because they value the news more so than they do when scrolling through social media or casually watching television. Whether it’s print or digital, newspaper readers are highly engaged and super attentive.
- Bridges the Gap Between Online and Offline – Even though it’s print, newspaper ads are highly effective in this digital age as a major section of consumers still trust print advertisements more than search engine ads.
Types of Newspaper Advertising
- Classified Text ads: This is the most simplest and cost effective form of ad usually known as Liner Ads. The number of words used in the ad content usually determines the cost of the ad. It’s written in simple text and classified under the selected column by you in the classified section of the paper. There might be a few enhancements available which you avail by paying the extra charges like the background colour of the simple text, tick etc. But it simply depends on if it’s available with the paper.
- Display Classified ads: This type of ads are also published under the selected columns by you in the classified section of the paper usually known as a Box ad. In this format you buy an area in the classified page which you can edit & modify according to your needs with logos, images, colour, bold and highlighted text etc. which draws more attention of the reader and makes this ad format slightly costly. In general the available column size is fixed as predefined as per the paper house norms but the height of the ad is variable as per the ad size and the cost is determined on the basis of size in per square centimetre.
- Display Ad: This ad format is also known as a Box ad but the difference is it publishes everywhere in the paper except the classified section. In this format you buy an area either in the premium position like front page, back page, 3rd page, quarter page, or half page or in any page of the paper or in some predefined supplements or pull-outs published by the specific selected paper which you can edit & modify according to your needs with logos, images, colour, bold and highlighted text etc. which draws maximum attention of the reader because of its large size and makes it costlier among all other ad types. The cost varies as per the size and height of the advertisement.
Advertising in any national or regional newspapers can be done through the online ad booking agencies like ours. We let advertisers or companies browse through a wide range of newspapers and also one can view the ad rates of the different newspapers through our portal.
releaseMyAd was founded in 2008 with the idea of booking share notice ads online in national and local newspapers of India. With the aim to make advertising easy for the clients, we brought the entire marketplace at your fingertips enabling the advertisers to choose from a wide range of options to fulfil their advertising goals. Our portal is designed in such a way so that anyone can book their ads without our help. Even if you face any kind of problem while booking, our executives will assist you. releaseMyAd simplifies your advertising experience by saving time and money. It eliminates the hectic process that one has to go through earlier. We are authorised by INS, the main governing council of media publications, so the publication house sends us direct ad rates without any extra commission charge.
- Newspaper Selection – Visit www.releasemyad.com and select your newspaper among the list.
- Ad Type Selection – Once you have selected the newspaper, you will have to select the ad type you want to advertise in (Classified Text, Classified Display and Display)
- Location/ Package Selection – You need to select the location or discounted package according to your requirement. There are several discounted packages available based on the location that you select.
- Compose Ad – For Classified Text ads, the ad needs to be composed in normal text and can be highlighted by selecting enhancements such as Tick, Bold, Color, Screen etc. For Classified Display and Display formats, the ad can either be composed with the help of pre designed templates or the creative can be directly uploaded mentioning the dimensions.
- Date Selection – The earliest possible date or the recommended focus day can be selected from the calendar.
- Make Payment – Choose your mode of payment (Online which offers payment via Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking) or (Offline which offers payment via Cash deposit, Cheque deposit or NEFT/ IMPS transfers)
On successful payment, you’ll receive an invoice confirming your ad booking and payment details. Your preferred newspaper ad is ready to be published on the specified date(s) once it passes through the editorial approval policies in your chosen newspaper.
Choosing to go the more traditional route of advertising in our digital-focused, forward-thinking society is not for every business. But for the right company, it can be a game-changer. Though it may seem like an old-fashioned advertising channel, newspaper ads are still relevant and still work for business growth. Like all marketing and advertising campaigns, you’ll want to make sure you’ve done thorough research on your target audience, your market in general, and your competitors, as well as the best newspapers for your business. Invest in creativity and design and don’t be afraid to think outside the box!
In case you find any difficulty in booking your ad feel free to call us at 09830629298 or write us at email@example.com. Our executives will get back to you within 24 hours.