Everyone in this universe has a unique name by which they are identified or recognized. There can be a point of time when one might have to take a major decision to make changes in his or her name or surname. A name change is usually required when there is a requirement that cannot be avoided. It is important and mandatory to place an advertisement in the newspaper to inform the general public that the same person exists with a new name. Hence, newspapers are considered to be the best and the most trusted medium to convey important messages to the public. It is necessary to have your name validated by the government to make people know about your new identity.
Reasons to place a name change ad :
- Change of name after marriage
- Change of name after divorce
- Change of name after adoption
- Spelling mistake in the name in some document or certificate
- Change of name in any document or certificate
- Change of name due to astrological or numerological reasons
- Name change after divorce
- Change of name for minors
- A name change in Passport
Significance of placing a newspaper ad for name change :
- Fulfills Legal Requirements – Placing a change of name ad in the newspaper fulfills all the necessary legal requirements.
- Provide necessary information – Publishing a name change ad in the newspaper provides the necessary information about the person’s identity such as the previous name and new name.
- Rectification in spelling – Name change advertisement helps in rectifying the spelling mistake in the name and removes all kind of confusion for future purpose
- Public Announcement – Change of name advertisements in newspapers serve as a public announcement.
- Wider newspaper reach – Newspaper is almost reachable to everyone across the globe. It is read by everyone across the nation. Placing an advertisement in the newspaper solves all the purpose.
Supporting Documents required to place a Change of Name Advertisement:
- A scanned copy of the complete notarized affidavit with proper deponent signature (not more than 6 months old)
How to place a Change Of Name advertisement in the newspaper
A Change of Name advertisement requires to get published in a national (English) and a regional (local) newspaper. Name change advertisements in the newspaper are generally published in classified format namely Classified Text ads (ad is published only text form) and Classified Display Ads (ad is published in a box format). These ads are published on the classified page of the newspaper. All you need to have is a scanned copy of the notarized affidavit which should not be more than 6 months old. The ad matter should include details such as the old name of the applicant, the new name of the applicant, father’s or husband’s name, residential address, age of the applicant, Affidavit number for the name change created prior by the applicant, date on which the affidavit was created and the name of the Notary who has attested the affidavit. As placing a change of name ad in the newspaper is a formality, you can also select a low-cost newspaper to place your ad.
Newspaper ads for name change are very easy to place.
- Visit releaseMyAd
- Select the ad format (Classified Text Ad or Classified Display Ad).
- You can also select your preferred language and accordingly you can choose your newspaper to proceed.
- Choose your preferred newspaper and location
- Enter your ad text (you can refer to sample ads to create your ad matter)
- Select your preferred release date
- Preview your ad details
- Provide mandatory details to register
- Upload your supporting document
- Select payment option (online or offline)
Once your payment is done, you are all set. Your ad will get published in your chosen newspaper on your preferred date. As we do not provide hard copies of the newspaper, you need to contact your local vendor to collect your newspaper.
List of Regional and National Newspapers you can select to publish your advertisements in the newspaper.
- National newspapers include Economic Times, Indian Express, Financial Express, Business Line, Active Times – Prices ranging from Rs. 200 to Rs. 350.
- Regional newspapers include Puhari (Marathi), Punya Nagari (Marathi), Navbharat (Hindi), Mumbai Samachar (Gujarati) – Prices ranging from Rs. 150 to Rs. 400
- National newspapers include Economic Times, Indian Express, Financial Express, Business Line, Hindu – Prices ranging from Rs. 175 to Rs. 300
- Regional newspapers include Hindustan (Hindi), Sandhya Times (Hindi), Jansatta (Hindi), Lokmat (Marathi) – Prices ranging from Rs. 60 to Rs. 300
- National newspapers include Hindu, Telangana Today, Business Line, Times Of India – Prices ranging from Rs. 150 to Rs. 400
- Regional newspapers include Namaste Telangana, Vaartha (Telugu), Sakshi (Telugu) – Prices ranging from Rs.400 to Rs. 700
- National newspapers include Hindu, Mirror, Business Line, Economic Times – Prices ranging from Rs. 200 to Rs. 300
- Regional newspapers include Udayavani (Kannada), Vijaya Karnataka (Kannada), Daily Thanthi (Tamil), Dinakaran (Tamil) – Prices ranging from Rs.120 to Rs. 400
- National newspapers include Hindu, Times Of India, Business Line – Prices ranging from Rs. 180 to Rs. 300
- Regional newspapers include Madhyamam (Malayalam), Metro Vaartha (Malayalam), Deshabhimani (Malayalam) – Prices ranging from Rs.400 to Rs. 600
For more details on other locations along with the prices, you can visit our website releaseMyAd. Placing a change of name advertisement in the newspaper has never been so easy. We, at releaseMyAd, provide you with expert services. For any query, you can always contact 9830629298 (call / WhatsApp) to get expert assistance. You can also write to us at email@example.com. We are happy to help you!