Kolkata which was formerly known as Calcutta is one of the major metropolitan cities in India. It is the cultural capital of the country and the gateway to the east. Kolkata is the capital city of the state of West Bengal. It has a population of over 5 million and majority of them are Bengali speaking people. In fact, Bengali is the official language of Kolkata and hence, the most popular newspapers of the city are Bengali language newspapers.
Kolkata has a literacy rate of 87% which is higher than the national average of 74% and thus newspapers have a good readership among the masses. The quintessential Bengali community conversation which is locally called Adda starts with a topic from a newspaper. There are some very old and comparatively new Bengali language newspapers circulated in Kolkata. These newspapers not only get distributed within the Kolkata city limits but also reach the suburban areas and other districts of the state of West Bengal. These Bengali vernacular dailies have a huge readership among the Bengali speaking population in this region.
Advertisements come hand in hand with newspapers and every advertiser, big or small, looking forward to market their goods or service, want to book a space in one of the best Bengali newspapers of Kolkata so that they can reap the best benefits. Let’s check out 5 of the best Bengali language newspapers of Kolkata in respect of their circulation, readership and reach:
- Anandabazar Patrika: Anandabazar Patrika is the largest circulated daily newspaper of the region. With a huge circulation of over 10 lakhs and readership of over 1 crore, this is the most popular newspaper in Kolkata. It is one of the oldest newspapers in the state and one in every two Bengalis read this newspaper every morning. Advertisement space in Anandabazar Patrika is highly sought after by individuals and businesses. When it comes to advertising, this newspaper is not for the ones who have a very low budget. Compared to other newspapers, even the rates of publishing classifieds is high but due to very good reach in Kolkata region, ABP is one of the most popular newspapers to publish an advertisement.
- Bartaman: Bartaman is the second most widely circulated newspaper in Kolkata. It has a circulation of over 6 lakhs and by readership it is second only that of Anandabazar Patrika. The classified section of Bartaman is very popular. The cost of advertising in Bartaman is affordable and apart from Kolkata, this newspaper publishes simultaneously from Siliguri, Burdwan and Midnapore.
- Ei Samay: Ei Samay is the Bengali language daily newspaper from The Times Group. Launched in 2012, it is comparatively a new Bengali daily but within this short time span Ei Samay has won the heart of Bengali newspaper readers. With a daily circulation of over 3 lakhs, 38 thousand, Ei Samay is one of the dominant players in the industry. With competitive rates, advertising in Ei Samay has become very popular and due to availability of combined packages along with the hugely circulated English daily Times of India, advertising space in this newspaper is in high demand.
- Sambad Pratidin: Sambad Pratidin has a circulation of over 2 lakhs 60 thousand. Along with the latest local, national and international news coverage, Sambad Pratidin, is also very popular for advertising. Ads are accepted in classifieds as well as in display and the rates are comparatively low. Apart from Kolkata it covers the whole of West Bengal and has a dedicated readership throughout the state.
- Aajkaal: With a circulation over 1 lakh 91 thousand, Aajkaal has been around for last 30 years and is one of the favourite newspapers of Bengali speaking people. It is published not only in Kolkata and circulated all over West Bengal but in the neighbouring state of Tripura as well. Advertising in Aajkaal is quite cheap and is often favoured for statutory notices and tender ads.
Apart from these top 5 Bengali language newspapers circulated in Kolkata, other popular newspapers are Ekdin, Dainik Jugasankha, Dainik Statesman, Kolom, Ganashakti and Dainik Sambad. Although the circulation and readership of these newspapers are not that high but advertisers go ahead with these because of the specific audience they serve and less costly ad rates. These are mostly favoured for statutory advertisements.
All these newspapers accept ads in both Classified and Display format. Anandabazar Patrika and Ei Samay have a dedicated classified page known as Ityadi and Times Interact which are very popular sections. Multiple categories and sub-categories are available in Classified Sections of all Bengali newspapers which allows the viewers to find out what they are looking for. Most popular among the categories are Matrimonial, Property, Recruitment, Business, Education, etc. Obituary and statutory ads can be placed with reasonable expense.
To place an advertisement in any of the Bengali language newspapers of Kolkata, the best option is the online platform of releaseMyAd. With headquarters in Kolkata, releaseMyAd is an INS accredited online newspaper ad booking agency which allows hassle free and user friendly method of ad booking. It has more than a decade of experience and has well served over 3 lakhs customers till date.
To book an advertisement in any Bengali language newspapers of Kolkata click on the link https://www.releasemyad.com/newspaper-display-booking/language/bengali and follow the procedure:
- Select the newspaper of choice.
- Proceed for Main Newspaper if you want to book a Display ad. Else choose Classifieds.
- For Display, select the requirements and fill the mandatory details. Proceed to compose the Ad. You can also upload pre-designed ad creative from your computer. For Classifieds, choose the Ad Category and Proceed to Compose Newspaper Advertisement.
- Go ahead to select the ad release date, preview your booking details and make the payment using your preferred online or offline payment method.
releaseMyAd also has a dedicated customer support team who can help in composing ad text or designing ad creative. They can be reached through the phone/ WhatsApp no. 9830629298 or email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Live Chat support is also available on the website 24X7 which can be availed for any booking or payment related issue.